This chapter covers the following objectives:
- The three key interdependent activities in which all successful leaders must be continually engaged.
- Two elements of effective leadership: overcoming barriers to change and the effective use of power.
- The crucial role of emotional intelligence (EI) in successful leadership as well as its potential drawbacks.
- The importance of developing competency companions and creating a learning organization.
- The leader’s role in establishing an ethical organization.
- The difference between integrity-based and compliance-based approaches to organizational ethics.
- Several key elements that organizations must have to become an ethical organization.